Monday, August 1, 2011

Haircuts and Such...Part Deux





Here we go again. I have come to notice something that I didn't expect to become a trend. I'm not quite sure why it is, but I know that everyone is following everything so I shouldn't be surprised. But as grown men, the new thing is to dye your hair? Really? SMH...

Growing up in the 90's forced me to put compartmentalize certain things: New York cats wear Timbs, Cali dudes wear Chucks, gay niggas dye/bleach they hair. As everyone has already mentioned the most famous black male in the past 20 years that colored his hair was Sisqo. I of course agree. And as we all know that guy is rather homosexual. But at least he was a singer. Back to the compartmentalization, rappers should be hard. Fast forward, we have multiple headlining artists going to a hairstylist and saying "I think with this cut, we should go blond". WTF?!?!?!

One of the pioneers of this, is none other than Wiz Khalifa. In his defense, he didn't color his whole head of hair, just streaked it. And yes that may not be cool to some(myself included), but I like his music, and at least the streak was original. We'll give him a pass.  Chris Brown on the other hand, what made you want to color your hair blond? There must be something I'm missing. I need to know if girls like black blond cats. Actually no I don't, because the girls that do, I probably don't like them anyway.

In next, is Soulja Boy. What's funny about his cut is that it's only the top. So I guess he's trying to bring the two-tone fad in. Or rather half-n-half. But the worst dude by far is, The Game. Judging by his pic he knew it. I don't know any Bloods that are down for they set so much they take it beyond their wardrobe and color their hair red. Then again, they must know red is a sensitive color and it can come out not the way it was intended to, as seen in The Game's red mohawk. It looks a little too bright if you ask me(closing in pink), but that could be the lighting. Tyga dyed his hair as well, but he's not relevant enough for me to elaborate.

It seems the hottest thing in the game is to see who out gays one another. The tighter the pants, the blonder the hair, next thing you know they gonna start tattooing sunrays around they belly-button. The ultimate sad part of it all is that the youth are being influenced more easily these days and have already started following these trends. Terrible...

2 comments:

  1. Observer, to answer your question, men dying their hair is the gayest thing to me. I don't walk around using that phrase, but it's very homosexual to me. These guys need to stop the freakin' madness!!!! These guys look AWFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it. Girls aren't going for that. And if the term fits, you should walk around saying it all day lol.

    ReplyDelete