Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jump Man

For those who don't know the numbers, start in the upper left-hand corner with I(1) and go from there.


With one of the biggest releases of the year, I couldn't help but put my two cents in on the subject. This weekend on the 20th the Jordan V black/metallic silver will be released. This will be the last biggest release before the Concord XI's in December.

It's amazing that for over 20 years Jordans are still the hottest sneaker, or rather, most popular sneaker to date. So many fads have come and gone, and I'm sure at one point parents of my peers, like my parents thought that the mania behind Jordans would have left the building by now, but it hasn't. Kids that never saw Michael Jordan play one game of basketball in any of his shoes, feel some(not all) of that same yearning that a release date brings, that we felt back when they were coming for the first time.

I don't know what we've been brainwashed with, or the amount that MJ payed all the sneaker companies to never give a player a shoe line better than his, or if the designs by Tinker Hatfield are hypnotizing. Nor do I care. I love Jordans(as you all should) and am glad that they still come out and are still a big deal. I am not that happy that the prices have went up, but that's just something you chalk up to the game of business.

On my new TOP OF THE HEAP page, I have listed what I consider to be the top 10 Jordans of all time. Feel free to comment with your own list if you disagree with mine.

2 comments:

  1. I personally have felt at, my, most high in a fresh pair of airjordans. Its sad that, my mother had to slave to buy them...so what though....I got maximum play from the girlies!!! thanks m j for making your shoes unaffordable to the common folk! Your the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sadly (and gladly) in agreement with you...

    ReplyDelete