Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Scandalous




I have to first let you all know that I am an Ohio State Buckeyes fan. Therefore, to hear of another powerhouse university make headline news with another scandal all I can muster up is that misery loves company.

It has come to everyone's attention that players at the University of Miami have been targeted with a scandal that could really hurt the school just as bad as the pain my Buckeyes are currently feeling. The story behind it all is that Nevin Shapiro, has been said to have illegally provided funds, gifts, parties and even an abortion for one of the players.

So you have a guy already serving time for something completely unrelated and all of a sudden decides to come out and potentially ruin a school and a well known musician. What's even more terrible about this, is that Shapiro publicly stated that he was only doing what Luke did in the 80's and 90's. For one, to bring Luke into this thing and dub yourself "Little Luke" is to do what exactly, bring validity to your immaturity. Shapiro(I know you won't get a chance to read this due to getting caught with your Ponzi scheme) do you think that this scandal will help you in any way? Let me answer that one for you: Hell No. This has only made you look like an immature child begging for attention at the expense of others. It is not our fault that you had to pay to be down and weren't cool enough to be accepted by the "in" crowd. I really do not think Madoff would come out and disrupt an institution for the sake of.... well, really for the sake of what exactly?

I personally don't blame any of the players for taking part. These athletes generate millions of dollars for their schools and while not getting paid are supposed to be there to get an education. Well, I went to college and I was not a potential pro athlete and certainly didn't generate any funds for my alma mater. Yet, I still wanted to go out and party, it's college we're talking about people. And if I was in these athlete's position, hell if we all were, those kickbacks would be accepted. Don't hate the player.

1 comment:

  1. I don't accept no snitching...nor does my Hood. Suck it up and wait til you see the lord to confess your sins! Thats real Jack!

    ReplyDelete