Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Alliance


 Being that the last post I made was about the Big Sean, I felt a particular way about posting this piece. For one, this blog is not intended to be just about music, although it is something I have been in love with for what seems like forever. In addition I don't like to write about something twice. However upon learning of the alliance that has been made between Curren$y, Wiz Khalifa, and Big Sean, I have been given no choice.

For some I may be late for others I may be early, neither of these really matter to me. What matters to me is hearing good music, and since that is somewhat rare nowadays when it crosses my path I feel the need to let others know about it. Supergroups have been formed before, it's nothing new(i.e. Slaughterhouse, The Firm, Westside Connection) What draws me to this particular supergroup(minus that I actually like the artists involved) is how they are, more or less, at the height of their popularity, respectively. Even though it's a mixtape they are releasing, they have done what Jay-Z, DMX, and Ja Rule only talked about doing back in 1999.

What I most respect about this project besides the music(5 tracks have already been released) is that at this point in each one's careers this is an album worthy venture, yet it will be free for all. With all the shows these guys are doing separately and found the time to come together to record an entire project to give away for free shows not only that they steadily keep their fans in mind, but also that they genuinely have a love for the craft and are not just looking to make a hit. It's more than that, they are from what I see trying to make the best music they can radio play or not. This commands respect and what is missing from the rap game. Now if only I could get a full CRS(for those who don't know CRS is Lupe Fiasco, Pharrell, and Kanye) project....

And to Wiz and Curren$y if you happen to read this, this project with Big Sean does not count as How Fly 2.

Five leaked tracks: O.T.T.R
                              Flowers
                              Dot Dot Dot
                              Weed Brownies
                              Proceed

No comments:

Post a Comment