Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Follow the Follower

It has been quite some time since my last post. Quite some time. But having a little bit of a life and not having the greatest organizational skills caused me to neglect The Rude Observer in me. However, the bug has hit me yet again and being the asshole that I am, I cannot hold my tongue/pen/keyboard any longer.

I figured this subject had been over saturated, but I now realize the movement of originality needs more soldiers than I originally thought. It's not enough that the majority of people out there let rappers/artists pick out their wardrobe, but now rap music is turning into the guidebook that people live their lives by. I understand what it means to be a fan of someone, but I don't understand what it means to want to be just like somebody else (my own father included). It trips me out how trendy or hot something becomes after your favorite rapper says or does it. For example, just because mainstream rappers rap about YSL everyone  wears it, or wants to. BUT they don't even know why. Half of these drones/clones don't even know what YSL stands for let alone how to pronounce Yves for that matter. What's even crazier is that brands like YSL and Givenchy been around for 50 plus years and have been successful, but you only heard of these things when Wiz or Kanye told you about these things.

But people nowadays follow the style of those with no style. Google your favorite rapper before they had a stylist. Furthermore if you believe these artists have style then 1.) Why do you need a stylist? 2.) Why is some of the shit they wear TRULY WEIRD? I love that hip-hop has grown to such huge heights. But if Rick Ross or Drake spit a line along the lines of "I sign my checks with uni-ball pens" and all of a sudden EVERYONE starts instagraming uni-ball pens, I will find you and kill you all.

So....this cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment