Monday, May 20, 2013

State of Emergency

Somebody has to acknowledge this big ass pink elephant in the room that's effectively ruining an entire generation. This pink elephant is called rap music. This pains me to write about as I am someone who grew up off of (and with) rap. In some ways hip-hop has molded me into who I am today; i.e. a person who craves originality, staying true to yourself, and hustling to succeed by any means necessary. Those were the principles I took away from the artists I listened to. But when I see someone like Jay "DatBull" Harris receive a full scholarship to play football for Michigan State University and he turns it down NOT to another school or to take part right away in a family business, but to START (keyword) his rap career, it's obvious rap is killing the youth.

Now I'm not one to call someone.... oh wait, yes I am: Jay Harris is an idiot. Why invest in doing 2-a-days and dedicating one's self enough to get a full ride not to go? How does Jay Harris plan to be successful when he's from PA and has no features from Wiz Khalifa, Meek Mill, Mac Miller, or hell, even Gillie Da Kid? Oh that's right, those things cost money, something the average teenager coming out of high school doesn't have a lot of. I understand following your dream, don't get me wrong, but there is something in your head called a brain. USE IT! This kid could have developed a fan base in two different cities and then maybe took off from there. Plus all the perks that come with being an athlete at a Division 1 school could have made for some good material. Let's not forget that MSU is a party school. But hey what do I know...except that DatBull gonna be dat buol that's not gonna blow anytime soon. And if he does have a successful rap career I hope it's less than 4 years, because he could have had a degree. But since his low budget video(posted below)  has generated less than 100,000,000 views and you in the news, your music must not be all that. Should have stuck to running routes.

SIDE NOTE: To everyone out there, unless you have $100 million or are gonna be self-employed forever leave the tattoos off your FACE. Where I'm from tattoos on your face were of only tears and indicated you had killed someone. And if you have these and you're not you're liar. No one wants to hire murderers and liars, FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment