Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Learn How...




The title of this post should really be called "Best in Show...Part Deux". But since this post is only about one series on HBO, it just wouldn't be right. Enough about that. Allow me to introduce you to HBO and Mark Wahlberg's latest love child: How To Make It In America.

Season two of this rags to riches series could not have premiered at a better time. Entourage is officially over and How To Make It In America(HTMIIA) is (or should be) considered it's official replacement. My official premonition of this is documented, as I tweeted it back in early July. Not only is Mark Wahlberg behind it, but it's holds the exact same values and themes: loyalty, friendship, family, etc. The only difference is, is that it's in New York and there's only two best friends and not four. Some might argue that Domingo(Kid Cudi) and Kap(guy from American Pie) would make it four.

Then again no one would probably argue, because the majority of folks first saw HTMIIA last night for the first time. My friends and I watched the first season when it originally came out. Now I don't blame or turn my nose up at you for not being up on HTMIIA. How could you? There was no big advertising or awareness being made for the show....until now. I do blame Entourage, however. This show could not survive with Entourage still in rotation. This can be credited to Wahlberg's genius. At any rate this may be classified as the new hottest and trendiest series and you heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment